Immediate Need? Call Now
Ballard-Sunder is proud to be Minnesota’s only full-service Funeral Home offering on-site flame cremation and natural water cremation. Reflections Crematory is located at our cremation center in Jordan and has been in operation since 2010.
In 2020 we added another option for the families we serve: Reflections Water Cremation. We are thrilled to bring the environmentally friendly option of Natural Water Cremation to our families and the community.
Our crematory and natural water cremation facilities are here for the exclusive use of our customers. We do not cremate for any outside funeral homes. Only the families being served by our funeral homes have access to our cremation facilities.
Having our own crematories provide peace of mind to the families we serve. Once your loved one is in our care, they will remain with us for the entire cremation process. Other funeral homes sub-contract this service out to a third-party vendor and transport to a crematory in Minneapolis or elsewhere in the state. We are able to ensure that proper policies and procedures are followed through every step of the cremation process, because we are the ones handling the cremation. We hope you take comfort knowing your loved one is with us every step of the way.
Cremation Packages & Options
Cremation Tribute Packages
There are so many options when families choose cremation. To help simplify the planning process, we have developed a number of cremation tribute packages to better serve the families of Jordan, Prior Lake, Shakopee and the surrounding area. The following packages were designed to alleviate some of the stress and financial burdens of the funeral planning process. Our cremation tribute packages include all of the signature services that set us apart.
- Personalized Cremation Tribute
- Body Present for Visitation and Service with Cremation to Follow
- Provides family and friends with the opportunity for a “traditional” visitation and funeral service with your loved ones’ body present for the services before their cremation takes place.
- Memorial Cremation Tribute
- Memorial Service with Urn Present
- This is a good option for families who want their loved ones’ cremation to take place prior to a Memorial Service.
- A private family viewing prior to the cremation is available with this option.
- Simple Goodbye Cremation Tribute: Time of Gathering with Urn Present
- Provides families an opportunity to acknowledge the passing of their loved one while keeping things simple.
- This includes a Time of Gathering at the funeral home (like an open house).
- There is no formal service, but you still have a chance to greet family and friends.
- Farewell Cremation Tribute
- Graveside Service with Urn Present
- A simple service offering for families who do not want a full funeral service or time of gathering, but still would like to come together at the cemetery for burial.
- Final Salute Cremation Tribute
- Military Honors and Graveside Service with Urn Present
- This offering is for families who want to keep things simple, but also want to acknowledge the dedicated and faithful service of our veterans.
- We will help coordinate veteran burial benefits, military honors, and burial at a Veterans Cemetery.
Cremation Committal Ceremony
At Ballard-Sunder Funeral & Cremation, we believe there is true value in ceremony when someone we love dies. Acknowledging the impact your loved one had on your life is an important step in making the transition from life before the death to life after the death.
There are a lot of special things we are doing at Ballard-Sunder Funeral & Cremation to personalize your cremation experience. One example is our cremation committal ceremonies.
Since opening our own crematory in 2010, we have found that a lot of families take comfort in spending time with their loved one before their cremation. Some families also want to be present for a cremation committal ceremony. This is similar to saying prayers at a graveside before your loved one is buried; but instead of being at the cemetery, we say prayers and reflections at the funeral home prior to the cremation.
During this time, families gather to share stories and say goodbye. This is a time for reflection and an opportunity for families to take a meaningful step on their grief journey. It is a great option for a family member who wants to be with their loved one every step of the way.
Whether you choose a simple cremation, private family viewing, or a public visitation time, our team will be with you every step along the way, guiding you through the process and helping you make the decisions that are right for you and your family.